1. What author do you own the most books by?
Sarah Dessen, hands down.
2. What book do you own the most copies of?
Um, probably REALITY CHICK. I got a hold of an arc, then I bought the book, and when I moved in with Adam, he had one. So we have three REALITY CHICKs. Although, if we’re counting his books, then something by Charles Dickens would win. OR all the copies of HIS books. We have tons of HOW TO GET SUSPENDED AND INFLUENCE PEOPLEs and I PUT A SPELL ON YOUs floating around here. WEIRD CHICAGO books, too.
3. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
None, really. Although I do think Rogerson from DREAMLAND is hot, even though he’s a girlfriend abuser. That part is NOT hot.
4. What book have you read more than any other?
THE HUNGER GAMES. I’m obsessed.
5. What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?
Hmm. I’m not sure! Because the thing is, I read SO much when I was ten…. oh you know what? I’m going to go with NOTHING’S FAIR IN FIFTH GRADE. I always ate a bologna and cheese sandwich and Doritos when I read that book, so to this day, I see that cover and crave that same meal.
6. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
Um…. gosh. I don’t remember. I guess the bad books kind of slip from my memory.
7. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
THE HUNGER GAMES. Oh yeah. I also recently read KITTY KITTY by Michelle Jaffe and LOVED it. Anything by Elizabeth Scott. Oh, and WINTERGIRLS by Laurie Halse Anderson blew me away.
8. If you could tell everyone to read one book, what would it be?
THE HUNGER GAMES. Seriously. It’s awesome.
9. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
10. Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
My husband is Russian…..
11. Shakespeare, Milton or Chaucer?
I think I have to go with Chaucer.
12. Austen or Eliot?
Never read Eliot. Austen was confusing to me, but I think that means I just need to try again.
13. What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
Classics. I haven’t read much Austen or Dickens or Bronte or anything that everyone else seems to have read a billion times and loved to pieces.
14. What is your favorite novel?
I can’t choose this. I have too many favorites.
Hmm. The only plays that come to mind are plays that are either musicals, or plays that were original pieces.
To see a world in a grain of sand…..
I love the first part of that poem… can’t think of the name. It has innocence in it and is by William Blake.
19. Non Fiction
I do not read much non-fiction, but I did like that NICKEL & DIMED book.
20. Graphic Novel?
PEACH GIRL!!! I love Momo!
21. Science Fiction?
I haven’t read much Sci-Fi, except for THIS PLACE HAS NO ATMOSPHERE by Paula Danzinger. Love that book!
22. Who is your favorite writer?
Sarah Dessen, my husband Adam Selzer, Elizabeth Scott, Laurie Halse Anderson, Meg Cabot, and a growing list.
23. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
24. What are you reading right now?
PEELED by Joan Bauer.
25. Best Memoir?
ON WRITING by Stephen King.
26. Best History?
The upcoming SMART ALECK’S GUIDE TO U.S. HISTORY by Adam Selzer.
27. Best Mystery or Noir?
I don’t really do mystery, but I as I said, I did enjoy KITTY KITTY.